Microblading, also known as eyebrow embroidery, micro stroking, feather touch & hair strokes is a form of permanent makeup. This technique involves using a microblade to create hair-like strokes, implanting pigment into the upper layer of the skin. Initially brows will appear darker than the desired result, however this is intended as they will fade during the healing process resulting in natural, fuller looking brows.
Please note: you must be 18 years old to have microblading.
Is it Painful?
As everyone’s pain levels are different, you may experience mild to no discomfort. Some clients have described the procedure as “feeling like little scratches” or “similar to tweezing”.
To reduce discomfort it is recommended that a topical anaesthetic be applied 30mins prior to your appointment. Cream can be purchased from a pharmacy and brought to your appointment to be reapplied during the procedure.
Microblading is not recommended for anyone who is or has the following:
- Pregnant / breastfeeding
- Sick with cold, flu, sinus/respiratory infection (please reschedule your appointment until you are well)
- Cancer / chemotherapy patients
- Recently had Botox (within the last 3 weeks)
- Viral infections and or diseases
- Transmittable blood disease, HIV or Hepatitis
- Sunburnt Skin/skin irritations such as: Rash, Eczema, Shingles, Acne, or Psoriasis near the treated area.
- Taking Blood thinners
- Keloid Scars
- Taking Roaccutane or have used in the last 12 months
- Under 18 years of age
I recommend that you stop using any skincare products that contain Retin A, AHA or any Active ingredients one week prior to your appointment.
How long does it last?
Touch ups are recommended every 12 months depending on how well the pigment is retained, skin type (normal, oily, dry) & lifestyle. Microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, so the area will naturally fade overtime. Typically results can last up to 2 years, but each person is different and some will retain pigment better than others.
Oily skin will require a touch-up every 6 months to retain the shape and colour.
Sun exposure, laser treatments, use of AHA & Glycolic Acid products may cause brows to fade faster.
For these reasons no guarantees can be made on the final result.
Will I need a follow-up appointment?
I recommend that all clients return after 4 weeks for a follow-up session. During this session any adjustments will be made to pigment colour, brow thickness & shape.
Everybody’s brows are different and there is no one shape that suits everyone.
If you have a particular brow shape that you love, please come to your appointment with your brows done (i.e. stencilled). Any necessary adjustments will be made when measuring. However, if you are unsure about shape the proper guidelines will be followed (measurements, angles, spacing, symmetry, nose & eyes) to determine the best eyebrow shape for you. When you are completely happy and approve the shape and colour, microblading will begin.
Before your appointment
- Please avoid Alcohol, Aspirin & Ibuprofen 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Eyebrow waxing should be done at least 2 days before
- Stop using any AHA, Retin A or Actives 1 week prior to your appointment. Using these products after the procedure is not recommended as it will cause brows to fade prematurely.
- If you are taking Roaccuatane you will need to wait at least 6 months after finishing your treatment before you will be able to have the procedure done.
- Please do not schedule your appointment before an important event/function/holiday… brows will need 14 days to heal.
- No Botox treatments should be done 3 weeks prior or 4 weeks after procedure
- No chemical peels 2 months prior or after procedure (this will cause brows to peel and fade quicker)
Straight after your treatment, brows will appear dark and intense, you may also have slight redness around the area & sometimes swelling… this is all normal. As the brows heal over the next couple of days you will notice a crust forming over the treated area. Please avoid scratching or picking at the crust as this is all part of the healing process & naturally needs to flake off.
It is very important that you keep the area clean and dry for the next 14 days to allow the pigment to settle into the skin.
- No makeup / skincare products should be applied directly on the brows or surrounding area during the healing process.
- Avoid wetting eyebrows, take extra care when showering! if the brows do become wet pat them dry, DO NOT RUB
- Avoid sauna/ steam rooms/ sunbathing/ swimming during the healing process.
- Do not touch, rub, pick or scratch your brows following treatment or during healing process.
- Avoid excess sun exposure as this can cause the pigment to fade and can affect the healing process.
- If you have dry skin, a balm will be provided for you to apply.
Health & Safety
We follow health and safety guidelines as provided by the Health Department ACT.
We only use the highest quality Microblades which are fully disposable.
We are licenced by the Health Department
All new microblading appoinement's will require a $100 non-refundable deposit. Touch up appointments will require a $30 non-refundable deposit.
Cancellations – deposit will be forfeited
Re-scheduling – 48 hours’ notice must be given if you are re-scheduling your appointment. If 48hour notice if not given you will forfeit your deposit & another deposit will need to be paid.
Please do not Facebook or email your cancellations as we are not always able to check this. Please contact the salon directly on 62514753.
Feather touch brows from $350
Touch up/adjustments $150